The Ramah Sports Academy is located on the beautiful campus of Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, PA. It is centrally located, less than three hours from NYC, approximately 2 hours from Philadelphia and the Washington, D.C. area.
Franklin & Marshall is a private college with premier athletic facilities. Multiple gymnasiums, a field house, beautiful fields, and an indoor pool make it the ideal setting for RSA.
Dorms & Dining
Campers and counselors live in beautiful air conditioned dorms in a private bucolic setting. Franklin & Marshall has its own kosher kitchen that will serve our Ramah campers. Ramah has their own indoor and outdoor gathering spaces. Rooms house up to three people and share bathrooms and showers. Campers of similar ages live together in rooms adjacent to staff, to ensure appropriate supervision and accessibility.
● Why is RSA moving?
○ Cheshire Academy will be undergoing extensive renovations during the 2022 summer and is unable to host RSA. Although we had an amazing summer 2021 at Cheshire, our new facility at Franklin & Marshall College (“F&M”) will allow us to address several areas of recommended facilities improvements identified in our camper surveys, especially regarding dorms and dining services.
● Where is Franklin & Marshall?
○ F&M is located in Lancaster, PA, approximately two hours from Philadelphia and the Washington D.C. area, and three hours from New York City. The central location makes it easy to get to, and it is within driving distance of Philadelphia airport. RSA will provide transportation to and from the NYC metropolitan area and airport shuttles for our campers arriving from other areas.
● How will the move affect RSA’s camp program?
○ The move to Franklin & Marshall will enhance our camp program! We are so excited to have exclusive use of several superb collegiate-level athletic facilities that are home to the F&M Diplomats. Campers will play their major sports and electives on F&M’s baseball field, basketball courts, tennis courts, and soccer fields. And on rainy days, we will have use of an indoor fieldhouse with tennis courts and a baseball batting cage! Our campers and staff will be bunked in a modern, fully air-conditioned dorm with 24-hour security.
● What about the food?
○ We are also excited to partner with Sodexo for our food service program. Sodexo will provide us with a kosher kitchen, mashgiach, and registered dietitian in a brand new dining facility. The Sodexo team is dedicated to working with us to support the dietary needs (GF, vegetarian, nut free, etc.) of our campers.
● What facilities does F&M have?
Incredible! The F&M facilities are beautifully maintained and include:
○ Mayser Gymnasium & Alumni Sports Fitness Center
■ Basketball courts
■ Indoor swimming pool
■ Indoor volleyball court
○ Tennis courts
○ Turf and grass fields (for soccer, flag football, etc.)
○ Baseball field
○ Softball field
○ Dining hall
○ Dormitories (5 centrally located buildings)
○ Art building
○ Multi-purpose space
● What are the living and sleeping accommodations?
○ Campers will live two per room in dormitories with shared hallway restrooms, with counselors living nearby for supervision and support. We are excited that the new dorms offer a greater number of communal spaces and opportunities for community building.
● Who will handle security?
○ F&M’s full-time on-site security team is located on the first floor of our main residence, where the majority of our campers will be bunking.