Ramah Sports Academy is located on the beautiful campus of NYMA in Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY. It is centrally located, about an hour from NYC, approximately 3 hours from Philadelphia and the Boston.
NYMA is a private college prep high school with premier athletic facilities. A gymnasium formerly used by the New York Knicks, recently renovated tennis courts, beautiful fields, and an indoor pool make it the ideal setting for RSA.
Dorms & Dining
Campers and counselors live in air conditioned dorms in a communal setting. Rooms house up to four people and share bathrooms and showers. Campers of similar ages live together in rooms adjacent to staff, to ensure appropriate supervision and accessibility.
NYMA is turning over its kitchen to RSA. The kitchen will be fully Kashered, and the RSA team will be building a nutritious, varied, and child-friendly menu.
● Why is RSA moving?
○ Although we had a great summer in 2022 at F&M, our new facility at NYMA will allow us to address several areas of recommended improvements identified in our camper surveys, especially regarding security and dining services. We’ll be able to better control our surroundings in the closed environment of a secure campus, and enhance our dining experience with added oversight of the kitchen and menu. We are grateful to F&M for providing us a temporary home in 2022, and we are really excited about making NYMA our new home.
● Where is NYMA?
○ NYMA is located in Cornwall-on-Hudson, New York, just over an hour’s drive from New York City and about three hours from Philadelphia and Boston. The central location makes the campus easy to get to by car or by plane given the proximity to New York’s major international airports. RSA will continue to provide transportation for our campers arriving from more distant locations including buses from the NYC metropolitan area and airport and train station shuttles.
● How will the move affect RSA’s camp program?
○ The move to NYMA will enhance our camp program! We are so excited to have priority use of NYMA’s beautiful campus. With plenty of indoor and outdoor program space, RSA can offer more varied programs beyond just our core sports. And of course, sports will still be the center of our program. With newly resurfaced tennis courts, a new baseball field, a high-level basketball center, access to the school’s weight room, and nearly a dozen grass fields for soccer and other sports, our sports programs will have everything RSA needs and more. We could not have found a better long-term home.
● What about the food?
○ For this summer, we will be taking over the NYMA dining hall and turning it into a fully Kosher facility. We can assure you that we’ll be putting together a varied, healthy, and camper-friendly menu.
● What facilities does NYMA have?
NYMA’s facilities are beautifully maintained and include:
- Indoor Basketball Gym
- 6 baskets
- Former training facility of the New York Knicks
- Weight Room
- Free weights & machines
- Strength and conditioning space
- Batting cages
- Newly resurfaced Tennis courts
- Grass fields (for soccer, flag football, etc.)
- Kosher Dining hall
- Indoor pool
- Indoor multi-purpose space and outdoor areas for our full range of programming, community building, and summer fun.
● What are the living and sleeping accommodations?
○ Campers will live with up to four campers per room in dormitories with shared restrooms. Counselors will be living on each floor for supervision and support. We are excited that the new dorms are configured around a central landing rather than a long hallway for better supervision and camper support.
● Who will handle security?
○ As a closed campus, NYMA is incredibly secure. We are planning to hire additional security staff during overnight hours in addition to the security measures NYMA already has in place.